Dave’s ImagePoll hack
Who’s HOT and who’s Not?
Have you ever wanted an Image Poll on your WordPress site?
[column width=”47%” padding=”6%”]
A friend of mine had been bugging me for weeks to write her a “simple script” so she could Rate Guys on her website. I didn’t really have the time to reinvent the wheel for her, but she’s always so sweet. So what I did was a simple work-around using Andrew Sutherland, Democracy Poll (a WordPress plugin) Last I heard she is still running it, so I guess it’s passed the test and I’m ready to share it with you here 🙂
- The first step it to go to either of the link above and download the plugin. Install it according to Andrew’s instructions. We do not need the widget, ignore that part if you wish.
- Next we need to prepare some images and upload them into your favorite gallery.
I would be carefully to resize the images so that they are not to big, but that’s just me.
- Next you need to find the image paths. I uploaded mine into WordPress media library. so finding the images is easy. in Dashboard click on Media. I found the images I want to use and click on Edit. Towards the bottom of the edit page, you’ll see File URL (fig 1)
- Copy that File URL line and paste it into Notepad. Do the same for all the images you wish to use in your Poll.
- Now we need to format the images for HTML. Go back to the image paths you pasted in Notepad and you should see something like this: http://you.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bailey.jpg You can now add the tags so that it looks like this:<img scr=”http://you.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bailey.jpg“/>Bailey Don’t forget to add a space at the end and a Name to each line!!
- Now create a new post. Below Post, in the Post options menu you will see the Democracy Settings Panel, Open that and paste in the URL’s we have formatted as answers to the question……
- Add your short code to the post as per Andrew’s instructions and Go VOTING!!!
[column width=”47%” padding=”0″]
If your happy with the vertical format we are finished – YAY 🙂 if not we have some more coding to do 🙁